Date: April 23 – 26, 2018
Target Audience: Finance and Accounts officers, Risk officers, Internal Auditors, CBS/ IT Officers, Administration officer and relevant officers.
Resource Person: 1. Ms. Hiranthi Fonseka, Partner, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Ernst and Young
2. Mr. Rajith Perera, Senior Manager, Ernst and Young
To assist the participants in understanding and applying the International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards which are continuously updated by the IASB. The participants will gain valuable understanding of this critical field of knowledge and be capable of contributing meaningful assistance to their respective organization with respect to the adoption and utilization of these accounting standards.
The program is designed to educate and clarify the technical complexities of the standard and also enabling them to practically apply the standards. The program focuses equally on theory, case studies and practice exercises. The program will cover and discuss real life examples of complex areas, and approaches used in applying the standards.
On completion of the training the participants will be able to:
1. Acquire a broad overview of key IFRS definition and concepts.
2. Understand the IFRS reporting requirements.
3. Understand the format and content of the financial statements.
4. Apply IFRS standards to the key elements of financial reports.
5. Obtain the necessary proficiency in complex IFRS areas including financial instruments and business combinations.
6. Understand the accounting impact of the latest standards and amendments issued by the IASB.